Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A hot time in Sacramento

Our lives have been very busy lately, but luckily it's been mostly fun! This past weekend we traveled to Sacramento to spend some time with our friends. Sam and Harmony hosted us for a wonderful day/evening that included afternoon drinks at a brewery and a mystery theater dinner aboard a riverboat. We were celebrating the occasion of Sam being promoted to Navy Lieutenant. We're proud of him, although sad that he'll be leaving for deployment for most of the next year.
After our drinks at the brewery we headed over to Evangeline's in the Old Town shopping area. It's a huge store with all kinds of fun, weird stuff inside. Heather couldn't resist trying on a few wigs and even bought two. She didn't wear them to dinner, but regretted her decision when she saw another dinner patron wearing a rainbow-colored wig! Harmony took a picture of me and Logan just before dinner started. The food was really good, and the theater part of it was funny and entertaining.
A shot of the four girls (Harmony, me, Heather and Kirsten):
After we drove home on Sunday afternoon we started getting ready for the party I was throwing for my co-workers at our house that evening. It was really hot that day, but luckily it cooled off enough so that everyone enjoyed themselves.
I had a wonderful surprise when I got home at 9:30pm from working the late shift last night. Logan had spent the afternoon crawling around up in the attic (in 90+ degree heat up there) to wire up a reading light to hang above the living room couch. So now I can see really well to read or type on the couch. Yay! It was so sweet of him to surprise me, and he picked out a really nice looking fixture too.

When he's not wiring lights, Logan has been working hard to accessorize his hobby room. The house is getting emptier as the hobby room gets more full! He went on an Ikea shopping spree last week to buy bookcases, glass display cabinets and a new desk for himself. It all looks great in there, and I'm glad he finally has a nice place to display his stuff.
Below is the view from the doorway:
There are Star Wars ships hanging all around his desk:
His bookcase is partially full with books, DVDs, action figures and cars:
Aside from displaying store bought figures, Logan also has some of his hand-built cars on display. He has had most of these packed away since college, so it's exciting for him to be able to display them now:
On top of the bookcase, Logan has his stereo system and CD changer hooked up. The stereo receiver is a hand-me-down that his dad bought in Japan over 40 years ago! It still works well.
Did I mention that there are Star Wars ships EVERYWHERE?
Can you guess whose wall this is? Silly me- I'm too busy working at the library to put my little corner together. I'll get to it sometime soon. I just feel lucky that I get any space at all! (And yes, those boxes on top of the desk are Logan's, not mine.)
I hope everyone has a nice 4th of July weekend. I know that I'm looking forward to three days off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MPEG1 video is a compression algorithm that yields very good video at low bit rates. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry Bayswater Bags[/url] It is estimated that more than 30 million virus particles can be liberated during vomiting and, in susceptible adults, just one viral particle has the risk of illness of about 21%.. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose online[/url] Kwnvsovcw
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora jewellery[/url] Jlsxpnprm [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose jackets[/url] yvlfxujre